Baton Rouge Motorcycle accident Lawyer
Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable than other motorists. Motorcycle accidents cause more severe injuries and deaths than other automotive accidents. In 2014, across the U.S., there were 92,000 motorcyclists injured in crashes, helmets saved approximately 1,630 riders, but there were 4,295 fatalities. Of those deaths, 80 were in Louisiana.
motorcycle accident attorney baton rouge
Getting involved in a motorcycle accident is both regrettable and dangerous. Injuries suffered from the collision can put your life on hold as your body recovers, while you struggle to pay for the medical treatment. Most people wrongfully assume that a motorcycle accident case is handled in the same way as a car accident. Truth is, this assumption can have a huge impact on receiving the reimbursement.
When there is a motorcycle accident, it’s important to hire a lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accident cases:
- Lawyers require basic knowledge in motorcycles: Most legal representatives will not have the knowledge on how motorcycle riders are supposed to react in situations on the road. To completely understand who is at fault in a motorcycle accident, the solicitor must have fundamental knowledge of safe motorcycle driving practices.
- Solicitors need to understand the sneaky insurer tactics: Just as motorcycle accident attorneys understand the nuances and problems that their clients face, insurance companies also make use of biases to their advantage. Therefore, in motorcycle accidents, the assistance of trained and knowledgeable attorneys is important.
- Motorcycle accidents are more severe: Compared to other accidents, motorcycle accidents are far more severe. Road rash is common in motorcycle accidents and can be extremely painful. Only a motorcycle accident attorney can calculate the compensation amount that you’ll need for future. Our motorcycle accident attorney in Baton Rouge can help you to recover compensation for your losses.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Unsafe merging
- Poorly lit roads
- Defective safety equipment
- Tire blowouts
- Debris on roadway
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE? CONTACT OUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER IN BATON ROUGE TODAY!
Call our attorneys today for a FREE initial review of your motorcycle accident case. We work on a contingent agreement basis which means that our fee is based on the result of your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Motorcycle Accidents Lead to Serious Injuries
Contact the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess to schedule a free initial consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney.
- Vehicles turning left: It may either be due to the inattention of the driver or simply because you are in the blind spot. Car drivers may collide with your motorcycle when turning left. You can avoid such deadly accidents by giving yourself some time to register and respond to these obstacles.
- Hitting sand or gravel: At times, you may suddenly come across a rough patch on the road and this, in turn, may make you lose control of your vehicle. Therefore, it’s advisable to give some time to register and ensure that you have an unrestricted field of vision.
- Turning a corner fast: Often motorcyclists turn the corners fast, and this is one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents. To avoid such situations, it’s important to regulate the speed and slow down on corners till the time there is clear visibility.
If you’ve become a victim of motorcycle accident, you may require expensive and long-term medical treatment. Our motorcycle accident attorneys can help you meet the burden of proof.
Call the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess today!
Medical bills from ambulances, doctors, surgeons and hospitals add up quickly. Loss of wages, loss of earning potential and pain and suffering can make it even more financially difficult after an accident.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- 4,976 motorcyclists killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015
- 4,594 motorcyclists killed in 2014
- 88,000 motorcyclists injured in 2015
- 14% of all traffic fatalities result from motorcycle accidents
- 94% of motorcycle fatalities (4,684) were riders
- 6% of motorcycle fatalities (292) were passengers
- 57% happened during daylight, 38% in the dark, 4% during dusk, and 1% during dawn
- 97% occurred in cloudy/clear weather compared to 2% in the rain and 1% in other conditions
- 90% occurred on surface streets compared to 10% on interstates
- In 2015, helmets saved the lives of 1,772 motorcyclists